SW Timber Hub
BGEA is the auspicing party and a member of the Steering Committee to the SW Timber Hub. Funded through the Federal Government until at least 2025, the SW Timber Hub is one of 11 Timber Hubs established around Australia to develop initiatives which grow the timber industry in a sustainable manner.
This has included:
- research into more efficient harvesting methods
- development of residue harvesting techniques which improves utilisation of harvested wood fibre
- developing a financial modelling tool for private landowners to assess if an integrated tree crop is viable on their property
- investigating modern manufacturing technology to utilise low value wood fibre to produce high value timber products
- education on silvicultural practises and forest health outcomes.
Further information can be found on the SW Timber hub website.